Situm SDK is a set of utilitites that allow any developer to build location based apps using Situm’s indoor positioning system. Among many other capabilities, apps developed with Situm SDK will be able to:
- Obtain information related to buildings where Situm’s positioning system is already configured: floorplans, points of interest, geotriggered events, etc.
- Retrieve the location of the smartphone inside these buildings (position, orientation, and floor where the smartphone is).
- Compute a route from a point A (e.g. where the smartphone is) to a point B (e.g. any point of interest within the building).
- Trigger notifications when the user enters a certain area.
- Watch the position of other users in real time.
Before starting to write code, we recommend you to set up an account in our Dashboard, retrieve your API KEY and configure your first building. To learn more about configuring our SDK, please visit our developers page or check out our examples.
Perfect! Now you are ready to develop your first indoor positioning application.